Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Halloween Costume for Under $5.00


So last Saturday I hit the jackpot at a garage sale. I got four bags packed full of fabric for $2.00. I found a ton of fabric to use for dresses and skirts but my favorite was this furry blue and green fabric. So yesterday I went to work on Brody's Halloween costume. I didn't have a pattern so I traced one of his pj's and then designed a tail and hoodie. I am so happy with how it turned out. Brody loved it too, he wouldn't take it off. I am going to make a matching candy bag and then we are ready for Halloween. I used a half a bag of stuffing for the tail and horns, around a $1.50, fabric was $0.25, and thread was probably $1.00, Total = $2.75!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I change my mind... This is the cutest thing you have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so ADORABLE!!! I love it!!! He just happens to be the cutest little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you could help me make a crocodile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Annie: I can definitely help with a crocodile.

    ReplyDelete